Search This Blog

Thursday, August 26, 2010

‘When Trying harder isn’t Enough: BREAKING the BONDAGE of LEGALISM”

Today allow me to share an excerpt on Legalism that I read awhile back. Its from a book called, ‘When Trying harder isn’t Enough: BREAKING the BONDAGE of LEGALISM” page 225.

Legalism enslaves us and makes us fear that we are not doing enough to please God. Being led by the Spirit (as we are filled with the Spirit) gives us the assurance that we are part of God’s family, privileged to walk in intimacy with our heavenly Father, guided into the things that please His heart. The difference is like light and day. We ran across this short meditation on “guidance” on the Internet:


When I meditated on the word “guidance”, I kept seeing the word “dance” at the end of it. I remember reading that doing God’s will is a lot like dancing. When two people try to lead, nothing feels right. The movement doesn’t flow with the music, and everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky.

When one person relaxes and lets the other lead, both bodies begin to flow with music. One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back or by pressing lightly in one direction or another. It’s as if two become one body, moving beautifully. The dance takes surrender, willingness, and gentle guidance and skill from the other.

When I saw “G” in guidance, I thought of God, followed by “u” and “i”. And it hit me: God lets u (you), and I dance. This statement is what guidance means to me. As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust that I would get guidance about my life. Once again, I became willing to let God lead.
(Adapted from the internet)

No comments:

Post a Comment